What are your favorite dishes at your favorite chain restaurants? I thought I’d share mine with you. I know I like to look up ratings and reviews of dishes before I try a new dish or even before I try a new restaurant. Although it might not be the highest quality, healthiest, or fanciest fare, it’s convenient, cheap(ish), and dependable. So here goes:
1. Cheesecake Factory’s Cajun Jambalaya Pasta: I haven’t cared for other pasta dishes I’ve tried here, but the linguini pasta is cooked perfectly, and the spicy kick is just right. The peppers and onions pair perfectly.
2. Olive Garden’s Chicken and Gnocchi Soup: It’s creamy, filling, and something different than all the marinara and tomato sauce-based options.
3. Chili’s Steak Fajitas: The steak is quality, and the tortillas come hot.
4. Outback Steakhouse’s Coconut Shrimp with Orange Chili Dipping Sauce: The shrimp is crispy and coconutty, and the sauce is slightly sweet, slightly sour, with a tropical twist.
5. Cracker Barrel’s Sunday Homestyle Chicken: Per the name, only available Sunday, these chicken breasts are fried to perfection, juicy on the inside, crunchy on the outside.
6. P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Healthier than some of the other options, while not sacrificing taste. The lettuce wraps offer crunch, and the chicken filling is similar to that of an egg roll.
7. On the Border’s Grande Taco Salad with Beef and Avocado Ranch: I love that this salad includes cabbage. The ground beef is quality, and this is a very filling salad you can eat as an entree.
8. Panera Bread’s Vegetarian Autumn Squash Soup: It’s slightly sweet, slightly savory, thick and definitely enough for a meal, especially paired with fresh-baked bread.
9. Firebird’s Meatloaf: While meatloaf is not usually on the top of anyone’s list, this dish is delicious. The meat is tender, made of Kobe beef, and the sauce paired with it tastes wonderful.
10. Red Robin’s Gourmet Cheeseburger with Cheddar Cheese: Fresh, full of toppings, including pickle relish, and almost too big to bite. Not your average fast food burger.
What are your picks?